POST-CYCLE THERAPY: AN ESSENTIAL COMPONENT FOR FULL RECOVERY
Post-cycle therapy is a special complex of measures, pharmacological preparations and sports nutrition, aimed mainly at restoring the natural hormonal background after the end of the steroid course.
The term “post cycle therapy” emerged as a literal translation from the English abbreviation “PCT” (“Post Cycle Therapy”). It can also be referred to under the abbreviated name “PCT” or synonymous with “post-course therapy”.
Relevance of post-cycle therapy
The use of anabolic steroids provides significant and unconditional benefits in the training process, which cannot always be achieved without their use. Athletes get the opportunity to recover faster after training of any intensity, increase their strength indicators, endurance and increase overall sports progression.
And if athletes involved in sports at the “amateur” or “for themselves” level can still do without sports pharmacology (although today it is widely used, including by experienced athletes of non-competitive level), then among professional athletes, without the use of anabolic steroids is virtually impossible to dispense with. The issue of pharmacological support in bodybuilding (bodybuilding) is especially urgent.
For those who are even remotely versed in the use of steroids, it is not news at all and it is not a secret that the use of steroids has its own “price” and “reverse side of the coin”. And now we are not talking about side effects, but about more natural processes that are inevitable for every athlete to some extent using anabolic steroids.
Both amateurs and “pros” sooner or later have to finish the steroid course, or what is called “get off the pharmaceutical support.” The use of steroids, as you know, significantly or completely reduces the production of “own” testosterone in the body of the athlete – the main male sex hormone and it must be restored. To resume these processes, you need to take special medications. Actually, this is the whole essence of PCT, this is its primary (main) goal and task. All other objectives of the PCT task are secondary.
So, the goals and objectives of post-course therapy:
- resumption of the natural secretion of testosterone, suppressed as a result of the steroid cycle and the general normalization of the hormonal background
- preservation and consolidation of the results obtained during the course of the course: muscle mass, strength indicators, endurance, etc.
- minimization of the phenomenon of post-cycle rollback
- prevention of irreversible testicular atrophy and minimization of other adverse reactions
For post-cycle therapy, two antiestrogenic drugs are often used (a blocker and an estrogen receptor modulator):
- ” Tamoxifen ” (“Tamox”) – the most powerful antiestrogen, effectively helping to restore the production of “own” testosterone. This drug is never used after nandrolone and trenbolone cycles.
- ” Clomid ” (” Clomiphene “) is a drug slightly different in action and structure from the aforementioned “Tamoxifen”, but is also an effective estrogen receptor blocker, suitable for rehabilitation therapy after steroid courses.
These two drugs should be considered the most important components of PCT. They can be used to recover from steroid cycles of any complexity.
- Testosterone Boosters – can slightly increase testosterone levels, but no more than within the natural (“normal”) values. They are not medicinal products and cannot be a substitute for antiestrogens. Can only be used as an aid.
- Cortisol blockers are sports supplements and drugs that suppress catabolic processes after AAC withdrawal. Contributes to the maximum protection of muscle tissue from destruction. Cortisol blockers include whey protein, amino acids and BCAAs, vitamin C, as well as growth hormone , insulin-like growth factor, and peptides.
- Omega-3 and hepatoprotectors – normalize the lipid (fat) profile of the blood and the level of liver enzymes.
Also, some other drugs are sometimes referred to as components of the PCT, which are actually used during the course, and not after it, and therefore do not formally belong to its components:
- HCG (chorionic gonadotropin) – prevents irreversible testicular atrophy and is used for “heavy” steroid cycles of a long nature.
- Aromatase inhibitors ( Anastrozole , Letrozole , Exedrol , etc.). They are taken during cycles based on aromatizing steroids (testosterone esters, Sustanon , methane ) to prevent and eliminate estrogen-related side reactions (gynecomastia (“gyno”), swelling and water retention, high blood pressure). Testosterone production is not restored.
- Prolactin inhibitors ( Dostinex-Cabergoline ). They are used during cycles based on Nandrolone (Deca) and Trenbolone , to prevent and eliminate the side effects associated with a potential increase in prolactin levels.
Post cycle therapy should be followed after any steroid cycle for full recovery. Its duration and the range of dosages used for PCT drugs is adjusted depending on how long, how much and in what doses certain anabolic steroids were used. The importance of post-cycle therapy is all the more important the higher the steroid dosages have been and the more AAC was used during your course.
Showing 1–12 of 47 results
Anastrol 5 packs$252.00 Add to cart
Anazole (Arimidex) 1 pack$33.60 Add to cart
Arimidex 1 15 packs$588.00 Add to cart
AROMASIN 25 5 packs$365.00 Add to cart
Aromex (Exemestane) 2 packs$113.40 Add to cart
Astralean (Clenbuterol) 3 packs$69.00 Add to cart
Brand Cabaser 1 mg 20 pills$65.00 Add to cart
Caberlin 0.25 mg 4 pills$9.00 Add to cart
Caberlin 0.5 mg 4 pills$15.00 Add to cart
Fertomid 25 mg 10 pills$5.00 Add to cart
Finast 5 mg 30 pills$18.00 Add to cart
Finax 1 mg 30 pills$13.00 Add to cart